CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN E-BOOK FORMAT ONLY
- 60 original patterns from 1920-1949 reproduced and digitally enhanced
- Rewritten and updated versions of every pattern
- Sympathetically multi-sized to retain the true vintage look
- Beautifully photographed with authentic vintage styling
- Up-dated yarn requirements for each pattern
- Includes sizes from 30 to 60 inches
- Chronologically arranged
- A wealth of information about the changing styles
About the Book
This modern day classic brings you 60 fabulous, vintage knitting patterns for women: From the 1920s tubular look to the feminine charms of the 1930s. The military style of the war years through to the glamour of the late 1940s. This iconic treasury is filled with stunning full-colour photography, faithfully styled, of updated versions of these gorgeous knits. Each design is unique and perfectly captures the charm of its era.
From evening wear to swimsuits, the original patterns have been re-written, updated and carefully resized for modern shapes, using contemporary yarns. The patterns are chronologically arranged, each chapter with an insightful essay on the history of knitting's Golden Age.
This is Vintage Knitting for the Twenty First Century
This book is inspirational not just to the knitter but also to the designer, collector, fashion student, dress historian, stylist and anyone in love with yesteryear.
Published by Susan Crawford Vintage
Created and published by our in-house team.
Photography by Susan Crawford
312 pages, full colour photography